Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Themes

Themes, themes, how I love themes! If the truth be told, being able to teach thematically is probably one of my favorite parts of teaching Kindergarten.  I am so thankful to work for a school that has instituted thematic instruction.  We are using Kendall-Hunt's Stepping Stones curriculum that has everything integrated--Math, Science, Social Studies, Language Arts, Bible (I'm blessed to teach at a faith-based school), P.E., Music and Art. We started off the year with themes like Let's Be Friends and Who's My Neighbor.  Other favorite themes focus on the forest, polar regions, the human body, pioneer life and the rain forest.  Here are a few of the goodies I purchased for our rain forest (I'm on a Mission) theme.


The kids loved these!  The rubber stamps were just adorable and the Playmobile set was so popular.  What themes do your little ones love?


No comments:

Post a Comment